An Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, Rob Williams is a Chartered Psychologist with over 25 years of experience working and designing tests. He is also the author of five psychometric test design books and has worked for the leading global psychometric test publishers including SHL, Kenexa IBM, MBTI, CAPP and SOVA Assessment.
Rob Williams Assessment’s Prehire sift assessment design clients
WE ARE AMBERJACK SME Consultancy – Potential assessment designs: for graduates: and for IT
- Gen Z-focused educational assessments of work and life skills.
- HiPo and HiPo-I virtual assessments of graduate and digital potential.
Our other psychometric test design specialities
- Firstly, some examples of our top situational judgment test designs.
- Secondly, our values situational and competency values-based assessment designs.
- Thirdly, Rob Williams Assessment‘s top aptitude test design projects.
- Also, our
- Then next our customised leadership skills assessments and pre-employment sift designs.
- Plus, our emotional intelligence assessment designs.
- And then next, our top bespoke personality assessment design projects.
- Finally, Next generation assessment Design and School Aptitude Test Design.
Our FREE skill surveys
We offer free skill surveys:
- How effective is your decision-making style?
- Do Your Tutoring Skills Need Tune-Up?
- How effective are your Strategic Thinking Skills
- Why not find out your Well-Being Score
- Refresh your basic English skills
- How effective are your time management skills?
- Do you operate a customer-first thinking style?
- How to manage your career resilience
Our pre-employment sift designs
A pre-employment test or sift consists of a series of text-based or media-led questions or challenges that test a candidate’s expertise in a specific skill. It covers 3-4 skill areas and it’s comprehensive for that one skillset.
Tests usually last around 10 minutes, giving the candidate just enough time to answer the questions and move on to the next test. This is done on purpose to give the candidate a sense of urgency and help them move forward in the assessment. You can think of tests as the “building blocks” to a strong pre-employment assessment.
What is a pre-employment assessment?
A pre-employment assessment combines several tests to offer you a full spectrum of insights around your candidates. The ultimate goal of an assessment is to help you hire the right person for the role. Everything else is secondary. To do this, assessments should be kept standardized and sent out to candidates in bulk for a quick comparison.
Are more predictive of success than resume screening software.
Which are the most common sifts?
- There are various types of tests you can use.For example, measuring candidates on “g” (general cognitive agility), more specific cognitive abilities, personality and situational judgment.
- Or assessing the role based skills of individual jobs (or careers). In which case the specific job characteristics must justify each pre-employmentassessment type’s usage.
- Thereby, matching the most appropriate set of test types. Thereby providing the complete picture of each candidate.