Welcome to our free Passed Papers resources, specifically free 11 plus papers and also our free Maths 11 plus papers with answers.
Which 11+ grammar school entry exam practice best suits your child’s needs?
…well we recommend finding your school’s exam by name at the next link below:
Your child can then practice with a very close replica of the actual exam. That’s perfect practice!
FREE 11 plus past papers for grammar schools entry 2025
- 11 Plus Reigate Grammar School English Writing Planning Page 2022
- 11 Plus Grammar School at Leeds English Reading 2020
- 11 Plus Manchester Grammar School Arithmetic Section A 2020
- 11Plus Reigate Grammar Online Reasoning Practice Test
- 2020 11+ Grammar School at Leeds English Writing
- 11Plus Grammar School at Leeds Maths 2020
Additional 11+ Grammar school entry past papers 2020
- 11 Plus English Sample Paper (Stockport Grammar School) 2020
- 11+ Maths Sample Paper (Stockport Grammar School) 2020
- 11+ Maths Sample Paper (Stockport Grammar School) 2020 Answers
- 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Sample Paper (Stockport Grammar School) 2020
- 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Sample Paper (Stockport Grammar School) 2020 Answers
School entrance tests are 11+ test practice specialists.
ASK our Founder, Rob Williams, ANY SCHOOL ENTRY TEST QUESTIONS at firstname.lastname@example.org
He is also the author of five psychometric test design books and has worked for the school entrance test publishers ISEB, Hodder and GL Assessment. Rob Williams’s five practice aptitude tests books on Amazon:
- Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.
- And Brilliant Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests.
FREE 11 plus prep resources
School Entrance Tests offer a wide selection of 11 plus test practice resources.
Try our free online 11 plus Maths quiz.
Why are these 11 plus practice tests the most effective?
School Entrance Tests recommend buying your 11 plus exam practice papers from the above partner for many reasons. In particular, because they…
- Mirror the actual entrance exam for each independent school you search for.
- Include explanations for each and every question.
- Provide the most accurate entry exam preparation for this reason.
- Cover the full range of question formats which we know reduces exam anxiety.
Our free 11+ past papers
- We recommend that you SEARCH and purchase the exam papers plus 11 plus test practice packs above for your targeted grammar schools.
- First though review our FREE grammar school entry papers. We offer hundreds on this site. Find those that are at your child’s entry age for prep school.
- Check how your child feels about committing to passing your local grammar school’s region-specific 11 plus exam.
When to start 11 plus tuition?
Most parents start 11+ tuition from Year 4 or Year 5.
Our popular 6- Step Guide to the 11 Plus*
Specially designed for busy parents!
1) Ask yourself, is now the best time to start your 11+ Prep?
2) If so, here are some useful Grammar School application tips.
– If you are considering those grammar schools in Outer London then we have a useful London Grammar school list.
– Otherwise, England’s other grammar schools are accessed from this regional grammar school list.
3) Are the grammar schools of interest CEM 11+ exam Grammar schools. If so focus on School Entrance Tests’ 11 plus practice tests of CEM 11 Plus type.
4) Otherwise it’s likely you are considering Grammars using GL Assessment. Thus you should focus on School Entrance Tests’ 11 plus practice tests of GL 11 Plus type.
5) So, select the most relevant 11 plus exams from our comprehensive list of 11 Plus Past Exam Papers.
6) Schedule regular practice with these 11 plus practice papers, our free online 11 plus papers and free 11 plus papers with answers.
Our FREE 11 Plus exam papers
- Firstly, our recommended 11 plus practice past papers.
- Secondly our Step-by-step guide to passing the 11 plus.
- Try out our helpful 11 Plus Guide for parents.
- You may also find useful our guide called Where is my local grammar school?
- FREE 11 plus verbal reasoning past papers
GL Assessment’s 11+ spatial reasoning explainedSpatial Reasoning is one of the topics that could be assessed in GL Assessment 11+ Grammar School Exams.
It focuses on assessing your child’s ability to interpret patterns within shape and space, often with a three-dimensional component.
Questions are presented in a multiple-choice format where students are required to choose the single correct answer from a variety of options provided.
Often Spatial Reasoning is often not explicitly mentioned as a separate topic in the syllabus. Instead, it is included as a subset of Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Furthermore, GL themselves do not provide any official preparation material for Spatial Reasoning.This has lead to unwelcome surprises in the past where students faced question types in the 11+ Exam that they had never seen before.
Why Choose a Grammar School?
Equality and Opportunity
Grammar schools offer a level playing field for students within the class. Admission is contingent on clearing an entrance test, ensuring that the most capable students get the chance to study there. Pupils selected from grammar schools tend to be more proactive and successful. These schools provide a valuable and knowledgeable education source accessible to parents and students from lower-income backgrounds, promoting inclusivity and fostering outstanding academic outcomes.
Diverse Student Success
Grammar schools cultivate high-achieving individuals who often excel in various fields, including politics and entertainment. This environment offers opportunities to any eager and capable learner, providing access to high-quality education systems. Many observe a professional and respectful culture in grammar schools that promotes a sense of safety and encourages students to engage in continuous learning.
Intensive Knowledge and Skill Building
Admission to grammar schools demands intensive knowledge and ability. This can create pressure for students. Although it enables grammar school students to develop a strong academic foundation.
Preparing for the 11 plus entrance exam from an early age equips students with extensive skills and knowledge.
Comparing Grammar Schools and Independent/Private Schools
Here’s our YouTube video Grammar schools vs Private schools.
Access to Education
Grammar schools offer free public education, while independent/private schools have their fee structures. Grammar schools typically have a uniform 11 plus entrance exam, while private schools set varied entrance tests and criteria for admission. Independent/private schools generally offer more advanced infrastructure and technologies, smaller class sizes, and individualized attention.
Grammar schools are highly selective and prioritize students’ academic achievements. Independent/private schools often provide a more intimate learning environment with focused attention on each student.
Historical Roots and Modern Context
The history of grammar schools dates back to the 12th to 14th centuries when they primarily taught Latin.
The curriculum expanded over time to include subjects like English, mathematics, natural sciences, liberal arts, and European languages. Originally for primary education, grammar schools evolved into secondary education institutions.
Advantages and Disadvantages
While grammar schools have numerous advantages, it’s essential to consider potential drawbacks. Some criticize the funding of grammar schools, suggesting that wealthier families have an advantage due to private tutoring.
Grammar school critics argue that the 11 plus exam is unfair and stressful for young students. Suggestions for improvement include providing free teaching to economically disadvantaged students and delaying the selection process.
Assessing students solely on English proficiency and mathematics skills might not capture their full potential. A more comprehensive evaluation that accounts for various abilities and interests could be more equitable and beneficial.
Delayed Selection Process
Postponing the entrance exam to later ages, like 12 or 13, would provide students more time to develop their interests, strengths, and understanding. This approach could yield better outcomes and help students thrive.
Towards a Better Educational System
Implementing measures like free tuition programs, holistic assessments, and delayed selection can promote uniformity and equality among students in grammar schools. Grouping students based on ability can accelerate their development and progress. With thoughtful improvements, grammar schools can provide an attractive and promising path toward an enhanced education system.
Here’s our YouTube video on Grammar school entry.