You can get a free well-being development report of recommendations if you spend 2-3 minutes answering our Burnout self-assessment below:
Need a better Work-Life Balance?
An unhealthy work life balance can have a disastrous impact on busy families. It will not just affect the mental state of the parent(s).
But can easily also affect their children’s well-being.
Proper implementation of a focused working style at work and consistent involvement in family life is important.
Fix your virtual working environment
It’s not actually about measuring how many workers are feeling under pressure. The key measure here is to identify those hybrid working employees with unmanageable workloads. Then to provide hybrid working information that then educates those employees about:
- Gaining more control over their work (and working hours);
- Better hybrid working tools; and
- More autonomy in how to do their jobs better.
- How to reverse virtual working burnout. Since any company seeing scores on the negative end of the spectrum should be acting quickly.
What is virtual burnout?
According to “World Health Organisation” (WHO), the term ‘burnout’ can be defined as one type of syndrome that is conceptualized as the consequence of chronic work stress which is not properly managed. It wasn’t until 2019, that the WHO recognized virtual burnout as the “occupational phenomenon” that can affect individuals’ health quotient. As of the signs of such virtual burnout, individuals usually have exhausted feeling or feeling of much energy depletion, high mental distance, and dissatisfaction to the job, cynicism, and negativism feeling regarding the job profile along with lowered professional efficacy.
In the modern-day world, people are so much occupied with technology on their personal and professional fronts. Therefore, the context of digital burnout does exist with the technological saturation level and due to having too much virtual connectivity. Constant connection to social media can lead to mental and emotional exhaustion.
Latest virtual burnout research
According to the latest virtual burnout research by Global Newswire:
- Over half of office professionals today are suffering from excessive digital overload.
- 49% stated that screen overload had a negative impact on their productivity.
- Whereas 62% feel that digital tools are only making the work teams ineffective. Virtual burnout is one growing concern in the 21-st century and the risk of virtual burnout is only gearing up as technology is making lives more interconnected and people need to rely solely on digital devices for works owing to the present Covid-19 pandemic.
24-7 global connections and virtual burnout
Given today’s 24/7 work demands in the hyper-connected industrial world, it is impossible to unplug completely. Still, people should stay far away from digital devices and virtual platforms after finishing their job hours. Then, holding more face-to-face communication can help to avoid virtual burnout.
Obviously, the 1-2 year global Covid-19 pandemic:
- Iincreased the average time people spent online
- led to a significantly higher 69% of professionals exhibiting some signs of virtual burnout.
Our Related Well-Being surveys
You might also enjoy the following popular personality quizzes:
- Firstly, how are your Basic Tutoring Skills?
- Secondly, how effective is your decision-making style?
- Thirdly, how well-developed are your English writing skills.
- And next, how is virtual burnout measured?
- And then finally our specific teacher burnout survey.